Animation Sans Frontières
Each year, GOBELINS, l’école de l’image co-hosts a European program in audiovisual production management which is funded by the Média program (EU) with Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg (Germany), Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design – MOME (Hungary) and The Animation Workshop - VIA University College (Denmark).
Animation Sans Frontières is a 4×2 weeks lecture/workshop-based training program designed to give junior European animation film and production professionals an understanding of the European and international animation industry and markets, as well the space, time and tools to develop, finance and produce their own projects, careers and eventually production companies.
ASF is the perfect chance for emerging animation professionals to:
- Develop their own projects/companies, work in multidisciplinary & international teams;
- Learn more about the European animation industry and markets, understand coproduction;
- Meet a wide variety of recognized animation film, games and new media professionals;
- Network with other European young talents and initiate future trans-European collaborations;
- Be positioned in the vast international animation industry;
- Be guided into alternative markets and new media solutions.
HOW IT WORKS
A group of 16 to 18 young European animation artists, producers, scriptwriter and technical directors travels 2 weeks to each 4 school to follow 4 separate parts of an overview of the entire animation film production process, from concept development through financing to actual production management. Television and feature films, games and interactive media, traditional and cross-platform production processes are all covered at various stages along the way.
SCHEDULE AND CONTENTS FOR ASF8
Module 1: 19 to 30 October 2015, Filmakademie, Germany; Finding new ideas, topics and formats, the German animation market.
Module 2: 30 November to 11 December 2015, MOME, Hungary; Design, style and approach, the Eastern European animation market.
Module 3: 18 to 29 January 2016, The Animation Workshop, Denmark; The production bible, financing and production, animation production, co-production, the Danish and Nordic animation markets.
Module 4: 14 to 25 March 2016, GOBELINS, France; Production management, the producer pitch, the French animation market.
Animation Sans Frontières is open to junior European animation professionals, and more precisely to:
- Animation artists: directors, art directors, animators, story artists, designers;
- Technical directors, programmers wishing to work collaboratively in the animation industry.
A participation fee of 1.500 EUR covers all travel costs to all 4 schools (plus, for 8 of the 16, to Cartoon Movie or FMX), all hotel/hostel nights including breakfasts for 2 weeks at each school, all lunches and several dinners as well as a wealth of didactic material (from art supplies through various teacher hand-outs to a number of recognized film production books).
All participants having successfully completed ASF will receive a joint course certificate signed by all 4 partner organizing schools.