This course doesn’t require an excellent level of drawing. It is designed for young High school graduates who want to discover and get specialized knowledge in 3D character animation. Supervised by professionals working in renowned 3D animation studios, the programme is built around theoretical classes, practical simulation exercises and expert’s conferences aiming at developing professional skills in staging, movement and acting.
This course is delivered on the Annecy Campus.
- History of Art
- Live model drawing
- Film analysis
- Body mechanic
- Animation of characters: humans, animals and toons
- Facial expressions and lip synchronization (for dialogues)
- 3D Layout
- Introduction to Motion Capture techniques
- International experts’ conferences on animation
You will learn to:
- Develop your creativity technique in character animation
- Master various 3D animation techniques: Methodology and practice
- Get professional skills in the animated film sector
- Classes are taught in English and French (bilingual teachers).
Production of an individual demo reel highlighting the skills acquired in animation
2 months minimum (to be done over the course)
- Demo reel to facilitate integration to the labor market
- Practical exercices to complement the pedagogical progression
- GOBELINS is a member of RECA (the French Animation School Network) and of IPAX (the US network of schools recognized by Sony Pictures)
- High-level faculty members, professionals coming from well-established studios
- International mindset required to work on multicultural projects and in multicultural contexts (courses and conferences in French and in English)
- Participation in a speed-recruiting event organised during the Annecy festival in June for last year of the course (more than 50 companies usually attend)
- School is located in Annecy, in an exceptionally calm and green environment : classes are held in Papeteries Image Factory, sharing premises with more than 50 creative industries and images related companies.
This programme is in partnership with CITIA (la Cité de l’Image en mouvement d’Annecy). CITIA is a Skills and Resource Centre pro- moting culture, economy, training and research in the field of moving images and creative industries based in Annecy. CITIA organizes the International Animation Film Festival and manage the Animation Film Market. It also provides educational programmes. CITIA handles the Papéteries Image Factory, in which creative industries and images related companies are based.
Opening of admission process: 10 November 2021
Closing of admission process: 6 April 2022
Admission interview: Between 9 and 12 May 2022