Find an accommodation
Proof of accommodation (rental agreement, hotel reservation…) will be needed to support your application for a student visa, so we advise you to secure a place where to stay as soon as possible.
Average rental prices per month in Paris and Annecy
+ charges: water, gas/electricity, mandatory home insurance, and dwelling tax (to be paid yearly)
Cost of living in Paris and Annecy: around 1000€/month, all included.
Ways to find an accommodation in France
1. Gobelins’ accommodation platform
This platform advertises flat rentals, roommates, subletting, etc. close to the campus.
Access to the platform
Go on the platform (link above) and click on "Student login" then on "sign up"
Create your account by clicking on "Sign up with your personal email" then fill in your information
Validate your account
Validate your account with the following enrollment key : HOUSINGGOBELINS
ATTENTION : It is important to book through the platform until the end of the process – not directly with owners otherwise GOBELINS won’t be able to help you in case you have any trouble with the owner.
2. Crous International CITE in PARIS
Dormitory for master degree students only.
4. Estate agencies
Contacting estate agencies is the safest way to find a flat to rent, but their services are subject to a charge (15€ /square meter).
5. Social facilities
Some social facilities available in Paris:
- The American Church, 65 Quai d’Orsay, 75007 Paris - Tel 01 40 62 05 00
- The American Cathedral, 23 av George-V, 75008 Paris - Tel 01 53 23 84 00
- St Michael’s Church, 5 rue d’Aguesseau, 75008 Paris - Tel 01 47 42 70 88
- Hall of Residence,The Tourist Office at Pyramides metro station has the list of foyer
The type of agreement will vary depending on whether you are renting a furnished or unfurnished flat.
Renting a furnished place allows you to live directly in the apartment without buying any furniture.
A furnished-lease is one year long and shall include a renewable clause for another year. It must also mention: A maximum deposit of 2 months’ rent and free breaking close at any time, with one month notice (registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt to the owner).
List of documents to support your application to rent an apartment
- Copy of ID or first 3 pages of passport
- Copy of parents or guarantor's last 3 payslips
- Employment certificate of your parents/guarantor
- Bank Details/ RIB (French one is preferable for some owners)
- If applicable: copy of last 3 rental payment receipts
- Letter of admission to GOBELINS
Finding a guarantor
A guarantor can be a friend/member of your family, willing to cover you in case you can’t pay the rent. Owners usually ask for a guarantor especially when you apply as a student.
Visale: a service from Action Logement providing “free guarantor” open to Intl students
Note: you must hold a VLS-TS to benefit from VISALE if you are from outside European Union.
|Attention: When you get your new postal address and phone number in France, please notify GOBELINS as soon as possible.|