Bachelor 3D Character animation 3 years programme
This course is designed for High school graduates who want to discover and get specialized knowledge in 3D character animation. It doesn’t require an excellent level of drawing.
Supervised by professionals working in renowned 3D animation studios, the programme is built around theoritical classes, practical simulation exercises and expert’s conferences aiming at developping professional skills in staging, movement and acting This course is delivered on the Annecy Campus.
- Highschool diploma holders
- Interest for infography
- Open mindedness and creativity
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong taste in animation
- Knowledge in cinema
- Good English level
3D Character Animator » professional certification of level II (Fr), and level 6 (Eu) code NSF 323, registered in the RNCP by decree of 11/07/2018 published in the JO on 21/07/2018, renewal process is underway.
- Featured film and vidéo game animator
- Crowd and series animator
- Previz artist
- 3D layoutman
Continuous assessment and presentation to a jury of professionals of an invidual demo reel together with an internship experience oral report.
Lenght: 3 years Begining of the programme.
- €9.700 per year for European citizens (+ €300 if monthly-instalment payment)
- €14.950 for non European citizens (+ €300 if monthly-instalment payment)
- Pre-selection based on graphic file
- Oral interview
Application opening date : November 17th 2022
Closing of admission process :
Session 1 : March 2nd 2023
Session 2 : May 4th 2023
Admission interview :
Session 1 : April 3rd-to 6th 2023
Session 2 : May 30th to June 2nd 2023
- History of Art
- Live model drawing
- Film analysis
- Body mechanic
- Animation of characters: humans, animals and toons
- Facial expressions and lip synchronization (for dialogues)
- 3D Layout
- Introduction to Motion Capture techniques
- International experts’ conferences on animation
- Develop your creativity technique in character animation
- Master various 3D animation techniques: Methodology and practice
- Get professional skills in the animated film sector
- Classes are taught in English and French (bilingual teachers)
- Demo reel to facilitate integration to the labor market
- Practical exercices to complement the pedagogical progression
- GOBELINS is a member of RECA (the French Animation School Network) and of IPAX (the US network of schools recognized by Sony Pictures)
- High-level faculty members, professionals coming from well-established studios
- International mindset required to work on multicultural projects and in multicultural contexts (courses and conferences in French and in English)
- Participation in a speed-recruiting event organised during the Annecy festival in June for last year of the course (more than 50 companies usually attend)
- School is located in Annecy, in an exceptionally calm and green environment : classes are held in Papeteries Image Factory, sharing premises with more than 50 creative industries and images related companies
This programme is in partnership with CITIA (la Cité de l’Image en mouvement d’Annecy). CITIA is a Skills and Resource Centre pro- moting culture, economy, training and research in the field of moving images and creative industries based in Annecy. CITIA organizes the International Animation Film Festival and manage the Animation Film Market. It also provides educational programmes. CITIA handles the Papéteries Image Factory, in which creative industries and images related companies are based.