Summer School in Character Animation - Online session
For students who won’t be able to make it in Paris, we are offering an online version of the Summer School in Character Animation.
Faithful to its proven teaching method, GOBELINS provides a comprehensive 2 weeks programme combining the possibility to follow remotely the masterclasses performed at the same time in Paris, and to take your learnings into action during online workshops : an opportunity to benefit from online individual tutoring sessions in 2D or 3D Animation!
- GOBELINS will give you a personal access to Blackboard - our virtual learning environment - a few days before the course starts.
- Follow lectures given by Internationally renowned experts from the industry sharing their professionalism
- Discover Gobelins methods on advanced techniques in Animation
- Complete a 2D exercise focused on a character’s expression and gesture - or an interaction between two characters for more advanced participants.
- Alternatively, focus on a walk cycle or a body mechanic exercise to produce a 3-5 second sequence in 3D
- Receive invaluable individual feedbacks from your tutor during workshops
- Take the opportunity to showcase your work in front of a jury on the last day.
- Benefit from free software licence (TVPaint, Maya) to be installed on your computer for the duration of the course.
Please inform us if you need a software licence (TVPaint or Maya) when filling out the application form.
Classes are 100% taught in English.
- Students or young professionals
- Minimum age : participants must be over 16 y.o
- The programme is 100% in English, therefore applicants should have a good command of the language in order to easily follow the course.
- Participants are requested to have their own computer and drawing tablet with a good internet connection. Headphones are recommended.
- Synsketch may be used to share works with your tutor.
Pre-requisite for applicants
Full package: for those who would like to participate in the workshops (more than 50% of the programme):
- Background in Animation or Visual Arts
- Good drawing skills
- Proficiency in animation softwares, such as TV paint for 2D Animation, or Maya for 3D Animation.
No prerequisite for auditors
- We welcome all profiles who would like to get a better understanding of Character Animation during the lectures (no participation in the workshops).
From Monday, July 1, to Friday, July 12 2024.
Join the virtual learning community “Summer School in Character animation” on Blackboard!
Synsketch may be used to share works with your tutor.
Summer School classes will be held daily from 10 AM to 5:30 PM - Monday to Friday (Paris Time). We will be recording the lectures to allow participants to watch them later at a more convenient time.
Please note that some classes or activities may begin earlier or finish later. The school reserves the right to make any last-minute change in the programme whenever it needs to be amended or improved.
All attendees will receive an official certificate from GOBELINS at the end of the Summer School.
Should the Summer School be cancelled due to an unexpected outbreak, GOBELINS will refund the tuition fees in full.
In the event of a cancellation by the participant:
- Before April 15 2024, all participation fees will be reimbursed
- After April 15 2024, GOBELINS will retain 50% of paid fees
- After June 1 2024, the school reserves the right to retain the full payment
Full package: €1800
This full package includes virtual access to all the masterclasses and the workshops with individual coaching (8 hours in total).
Auditor Package: €700
The Auditor package includes virtual access to all the masterclasses (no workshop).
Please do not hesitate to contact our team for any queries you may have. We will be happy to answer your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.Application Submission > 2. Selection process > 3. Letter of admissibility > 4. Online payment > 5. Confirmation
Send your application form, a short CV, together with a portfolio** showing examples of your graphic and/or animation work to email@example.com or via wetransfer. Website links are also accepted.
Please note that seats in the programme are limited, hence the selection committee will examine the files for admission on a first come first served basis, until places remain available. In any case, applications will be reviewed until May 15, at the latest.
After notification of admissibility, you will have to confirm your enrolment by paying the tuition fees via our online platform.
Seat will only be guaranteed after complete payment.
**GOBELINS will not return any submitted material.
Marthinus VAN ROOYEN
You have a question ?